Get information about professional repair and maintenance of your 3M™ Fall Protection equipment, including the DBI-SALA® and Protecta® brands.
Professional maintenance and repair of equipment is a key part of fall protection. Gear that is worn, broken or past recommended maintenance thresholds raises the risk to workers and bystanders. Follow the direction given on this page to ensure your gear is repaired only by qualified professionals.
AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND 3M PRODUCT WARRANTY
We warrant that Equipment offered by 3M will be free from factory defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one year from the date of installation or first use by the original owner.
Your remedy depends on whether you are a “consumer” (within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law) and the type of product purchased.
• Where you are a Consumer (within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law) and the product is of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption:
You have statutory rights.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
• Where you are a Consumer (within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law) and the product is not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption:
You have rights under the Australian Consumer Law, however and to the extent permitted by law, 3M’s liability and the liability of the person who sold you this product, is limited at 3M’s option, to the repair or replacement of the goods or the refund of the purchase price of the goods.
• Where you are not a Consumer (within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law)
Your exclusive remedy shall be, at 3M’s option, the repair or replacement of the goods or the refund of the purchase price of the goods.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies that you may have under a law in relation to the goods. Except as provided for in this warranty, and except to the extent that such liability is not able to be excluded by law, all other liability of 3M whether arising from negligence or otherwise is expressly excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, except where required by the Australian Consumer Law or any other law that cannot be excluded, 3M will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss (including the costs of inspection, testing, storage or transportation).
This warranty does not cover Equipment damage resulting from wear, abuse, damage in transit, failure to maintain the product or other damage beyond the control of 3M.
This warranty is given by 3M3M Australia Pty Limited, 137 McCredie Road, Guildford, NSW 2161, Australia or 3M New Zealand Limited, 94 Apollo Drive Rosedale, Auckland 0632 New Zealand.
To claim under this warranty contact Customer Service: Australia 1800 245 002 or New Zealand 0800 252 627. Proof of purchase is required. 3M reserves the right to require that the Equipment be returned to its plant for inspection before determining the appropriate course of action. "
3M Fall Protection offers warranty service, repair and maintenance services for all DBI-SALA® and Protecta® brand products sold by 3M (previously Capital Safety). These include:
You have two repair options: You may send the product back to our factory, or have the work done at a local authorized service center near you.
1) Contact an Authorised Distributor and obtain a Return Authorisation Number and follow their direction for return shipment.
2) Send your product(s) with the return number clearly visible on outside of the package(s) and document(s). (NOTE: Product(s) received without a Return Authorisation Number will be returned to the owner at their expense.)
3) When work is complete (typically within 3 days), the repaired item will be returned.
Authorized Service Center Repairs
1) Find a service location from our network of Authorised Global Repair Centres.
2) Contact an Authorised Service Centre and follow their direction for return shipment.
3) When work is complete, the repaired item will be returned.
If you have any questions regarding the return of a product, please contact your Authorised Distributor or contact 3M Fall Protection.
For repairs performed at the factory, a flat-fee program is utilized to streamline the process and get the product(s) back in your hands quickly. Contact an Authorised Distributor for program details and pricing. For repairs at one of our Authorised Service Centres, you will typically recieve a work order listing the needed repairs plus estimated costs and timing.
Repair duration at our Authorised Service Centres varies based on staff availability and workload; please contact your local service agent for details.