The 3M™ Ball Marker makes the job of precisely locating underground facilities easier. The 3M EMS Ball Markers have a unique self-levelling design that provides an accurate, horizontal position regardless of how the ball is placed in the ground. They have a range of up to 1.5 metres from marker to locator, and can be accurately located using a 3M™ Dynatel™ Locator.
The iD Markers can be programmed to include customer-specific information about the asset, such as the facility owner, conduit size, placement date, and other important details. The 1421-XR/ID Ball Markers are used in the Telecommunications industry.
- Using EMS Markers during construction, installation and maintenance virtually eliminates the time consuming search for hard-to-locate facilities
- High accuracy - mislocates are significantly reduced
- Long lasting passive antenna encased in waterproof shell helps identify underground facilities for years to come
- The water resistant polyetheline shells are impervious to minerals, chemicals and the temperature extremes normally found underground
- All markers function without the need for an external power source
- Frequency and colour coded helps to identify the specific utility
- Can be programmed to include customer-specific information about the asset, such as the facility owner, conduit size, placement date, and other important details
- Operating temperature spans from -20 to 50⁰C