3M™ Cavilon™ Advanced Skin Protectant is a waterproof barrier film for management of IAD. 3M™ Cavilon™ Advanced Skin Protectant is a breakthrough technology for skin protection. It protects patients’ skin — even under the most challenging conditions. Use this revolutionary, no-removal barrier solution to stop, reverse — and even prevent — IAD.1,2 Long lasting barrier, protecting the skin for up to 7 days.3<p>
IAD prevention and management
Peristomal/Peritube skin protection
- 1. Brennan MR, Milne CT, Agrell-Kann M, Ekholm BP . Clinical evaluation of a barrier film for the management of incontinence associated dermatitis (IAD) in an
open label, non-randomized, prospective study. Accepted for publication in Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing (JWOCN). (n=9).
- 2. Been R, Bernatchez SF, Conrad-Vlasak D, Asmus R, Eckholm B, P arks PJ. In vivo methods to evaluate a new skin protectant for loss of skin integrity (in an
animal model). Accepted for publication in Wound Repair & Regeneration. DOI: 10.1111/wrr.12455 (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/wrr.12455/abstract)
- 3. 3M data on file. EM-05-013924.
3M™ Cavilon™ Advanced Skin Protectant is designed to help manage moderate to severe skin damage and protect at‑risk skin. The ultra‑thin yet highly durable barrier is able to attach to wet, weepy surfaces and create a protective environment that repels irritants and supports healing.
- Creates a protective environment that supports healing and helps reduce pain associated with IAD1
- Attaches to wet, weepy damaged skin surfaces (i.e. superficial partial thickness skin loss)1
- Allows easy, gentle cleansing with no removal required
- Lasts up to 7 days3
- Forms a transparent coating on the skin