3M Cold Shrink End Caps are close-ended rubber tubes that are factory expanded and loaded onto a removable core. When positioned over the end of a cable or other cylindrical object, the core is removed to provide a reliable environmental seal.
Four different end caps are available to accommodate a wide range of sizes. They are easily installed and can be removed cleanly.
- Unique 3M Cold Shrink delivery system ensures fast, straightforward and consistent installation without compromising long term reliability
- No special tools, heat or site permits are required to install Cold Shrink, making it well suited for in-field applications
- Constant radial pressure for optimised environmental performance
- No flame required means there is less chance of damamging the cable material
- No cooling time is necessary before energising the cable
- Seals tight, and retains its resiliency and pressure even after prolonged years of aging and exposure
- No special site permits needed
- Fast, straightforward installation
- Applications include environmentally sealing and mechnically protecting exposed cable ends using no tools,mastics or tapes. Other applications include protecting cables and pipes from exposure to moisture,contamination,corrosion,ozone,ultra violet radiation and other environmental hazards.